Monday, August 11, 2008

Busy Busy Busy!

OK so I have been really really busy lately.
We had a family reunion this weekend. It was great. I got to see all of my cousins that I never get to see. It had been about three years.

Thing I learned there:
  • I couldn't tell who all the children were.
  • I wish I could see them more often. I want my kids to know them. I realized this when one of the boys said "That boy over there in the brown shorts hit me in the face with the ball." (it was one of those balls that you play with in the water so it was soft) They should at least know one another well enough to know each others names.
  • My cousin had another baby that stayed home with daddy.(She is one now)
  • The same cousin had a stroke a few months back. She is too young for that only in her early 30s. Worried me.
  • My grandfather seems to be aging health wise now. I want to start spending more time with him.
  • I am really interested in my family history. Where we came from and what they were like.
  • My grandmother used to drink beer. ( Evidently my whole family did. They had wine and beer set out every day and that's what everyone would drink after work.)
  • When my great-grandfather died the whole town shut down for his service. I want to know about that man who was so loved.
  • My step mother and uncle sure know how to slip-n-slide!

I forgot my camera. I was sad. :( I will see if I cant get a few from someone else.

No comments: