Monday, November 3, 2008

Football- PeeWee and Midget

Everyone is talking about the big football games this weekend. I was excited about our own little football games. The Black Bulls had to win to get a chance in the play offs. They did! It was a good game. It was the first time that my kiddo got to carry the ball. He didn't do bad. After the game the couch ask him if he liked carrying the ball. I quickly answered no for him. The couch laughed and asked him again. Then explained why we didn't like it so much to him. That's my little on on the bottom of that big pile of kids.I think that it was the best they have played all year! They Halloween party after was a good way to celebrate.

The Maroon Bulls were going to the playoffs win or lose. They played well. Both the boys have made some good plays the last few weeks. I hope they keep up the good/hard work they are doing. I kinda feel bad for the other team. They haven't won all year and seem to be a little discouraged. They are a young team. I hope they come back next year and kick some butt! (I can wish this because my kids wont be playing midget next year.)

Go Bulls!

On a side note. I was really nervous letting my kids play football not just because of the possibility that they would be hurt but also because I have seen coaches get out of hand and yell and scream at the kids. I have to say I am very impressed by the coaches for both of the teams. While I have heard the Black Bulls coach yell I have never heard him belittle the kids in any way. The Maroon bulls coach hardly ever yells at all. They are both really good with the kids and have taught them alot. It has been a good experience and I think that all they boys will want to continue to play. Thanks Coaches you did a great job!

1 comment:

Kathleen... said...

I know how you feel about PeeWee football -- my sweet 8 year old plays tackle football. He had an injury (sprained ankle) early on in the season and was carried off the field with concern after a dogpile. Even though he was just fine, I did have the terror of "Oh, God -- I let my child play football!!!!"

Truthfully, I GET parents' viewpoint regarding the dangers of kids' tackle football -- likewise, I also get the beautiful importance on behalf of my husband and his boy bonding over foo'ball. My kid LOVES it too -- "You can push people down and not get into trouble!!!"