Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Little Football Talk!

Superbowl Bound! My younger two are going to the Superbowl. Their game was really good. The first half they played really well. I got a little scared for a while when the other team almost caught up in the third quarter. The fourth quarter it seems like that their heads back in the game. They won 28-8!

The other game I watched wanting the boys to win but knowing it would be tough. They played really well and made some really good plays. They caused turnovers and fumbles and play their little hearts out. They also had a few bad plays and when I say bad I mean the other team recovers/intercepts the ball and runs it back for a TD. My husband was really upset. He seemed to think it was the coaches fault for the loss. He thinks he should have been calling other plays. AnObiter has it right. She didn't say this exactly (she was nicer about it than I am )but basically she says that the coaches volunteer for this they do not get paid and they do the best that they can. If you think you can do better then spend your time helping out and teaching the kids the game other wise quit your bitching! I am happy as long as they are teaching my children to play the game, to play fair and not cheat, and to be good sports win or lose. They will be playing for 3rd this week and seem really excited. They practiced inside do to the yucky weather last night. It was crazy watching them in full pads and tennis shoes and some in socks (since they can't wear cleats in the gym).

1 comment:

Kathleen... said...

;)

p.s. I'm so glad football season's over for us!!! Good luck @ the 'bowl!