Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Its almost Valentines Day....

So I made a post and had to redo it. I was being to bitchy. I dont know what we are doing yet for Valentines Day. We are going to have all five of our kids. I would like to take them to see a movie. I usually get them a small box of candy and I get the hubby something too. Nothing big, something very practical and a big box of candy. I havent gotten any of this done yet.

Now I love my hubby but man he doesnt ever know what to get me for any present any time of the year. I am not all girlly and I never wear jewelry, so buying it for me is pointless. I would much rather have something I need or would use. Flowers are very pretty but they die so I can see that $50 going to something useful. My gifts from him are usually nothing or a day to go get it myself with friends and without the kids. I am happy with either.

I have to make 2 Valentine boxes tonight or tomorrow. I wish I knew they were having a party before the weekend. I picked out the kids cards on my own. They both wanted the same box so I split them in half and they each have a little of both. My little ones were very upset with me that they didnt get one.

1 comment:

mzchief said...

I too am very difficult to buy gifts for, thus, years ago I got in the habit of providing a list with pictures of the things I would enjoy receiving as a gift. I made it a very long list with items of varying prices and am always surprised at what I receive. Two of my all time favourite gifts from the list, from Hubby mzchief, were a 14 volt, cordless, DeWalt drill with case and a Cutco small chef's knife. Several years ago Son mzchief gave me, from the list, an $8. flat whisk, which to this day, is one of my favourite gifts. I frequently add to and deduct from the list such things as magazine subscriptions, book titles, cooking tools, stained glass and stained glass tools, paint brushes and special sized canvases as well as jewelry, double expensive mascara, spa gift cards, gardening tools and such.