Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break

Ok so I didnt post at all last week, even when I said I would. I enjoyed the break :)

  • My SiL was in town for the first part of Spring Break (the Thursday before until Sunday evening).

  • We had dinner out the first night she was here. While one of our kids were at UIL. He was a little up set.

  • On Friday we missed soccer practice. Not because I wanted to but because I forgot. Instead we had dinner at the MIL's and played Monopoly. (I played this game alot last week)

  • On Saturday we went the Chuck e Cheeses. It was fun but very tiring. After we played a game at the MIL's. My SiL threw a fit worst than the kids do because she was losing. She quit. It was bad. I felt sorry for her hubby. I would never to mine like that (well at least not in front of everyone).






  • Sunday was long...We were supposed to go the Zoo at 10. Well we finally got there around 1. Once we got there it was really fun. The kids loved it. The little ones had never been when they could actually look and talk about the animals. The big kids just kinda took off with the hubby so didnt really get to talk to them about the animals.

  • The oldest told one of his brothers that he comes from a monkey because he is so hairy. I told him that they didnt have his relatives at the zoo because they didnt have donkeys. He knew I meant Jack ass.

  • Ok the rest of the week was not so busy.

  • The older boys all went to their other parents Monday and came home on Wednesday.
  • We played Monopoly with the boys Wed, Thurs, and Fri. and then they went back to their other parents for the weekend.

  • I had never seen the elephants play with all those stupid balls in there with them. That changed this time. It was really kinda cool to watch them play. One was playing with 3 different size balls, pushing and bouncing them everywhere.

  • Our dog scratched and bit our neighbor on Thursday. I felt really bad about it. I think he was trying to play with her. Otherwise he would have really hurt her because he is huge. He is a Saint Bernard. There was a scratch on her back from his paw and little marks from his mouth (but it didnt break the skin)

  • We built a pin for him to be in when there are people over and in the back yard. I think its 20' x 45'.
  • I also got rock put in the driveway. Well they call it base I think. When it gets wet and drys it is supposed to set up and be really hard. I am super happy about this! It looks alot better too.

  • The hubby also fixed the water faucet out front. Well put it back in. It leaked and his way of fixing it was to take it out so we havent had any outside water since.

  • I am really happy with the hubby right now. He worked hard this weekend and promised to finish some other stuff next weekend.(even bet his mom he would) This is unusual for my hubby. Getting him to do stuff is hard enough but to finish it is a miracle. He always has the best on intentions but he works hard all week and likes to take the weekends and his time off for himself and to rest so alot gets half done and either I do it the best I can or it just stays unfinished.

  • The kids were late to school on the first day back. (the alarm wasnt set right) :(

  • One of them didnt do their homework even though I reminded him about it at least 4-5 times. I am not happy about it. The only reason he had homework is because he missed 3 days because he was doing stuff with the school (fun stuff). I am almost certain he was supposed to have it turned in on Friday but didnt do it.




**edit: Sigh. I worked really hard ot make this look good in the preview only to see that it didnt work because the preview area is wider than on my blog. Sigh. I dont really want to mess with it any more right now. So its staying like that.

1 comment:

The Accomplice said...

A lab jumped on my son when we lived out in the country. It charged at him while he was taking the trash out. His claws broke my sons skin. I had to call animal control since I didn't know who the owner was. They ended up impounding the dog because it scratched his skin.