Monday, April 6, 2009

Oh this weekend...

  • I am glad it is finally over. Who would have thought I would be happy I have to get kids and the hubby up and going?
  • The weekend started off pretty normal.
  • We went to the little carnival that Grace Fellowship had going on at the park.
  • Some lady made one of my kids go to the end of the line because he took 2 steps out to look up the line. I was mad and told him not to let people do that to him. (He didnt get to do the trampoline thing and he wouldnt have made it to the front of the line by the time his Dad picked him up) He was upset that he spent the whole time in that line and didnt even get to do it.
  • There were alot of people there. It was fun to take the kids. I let the 3 older ones wait in line for stuff while we did other stuff but they had to tell me where they were so I could check on them and know where they were at all times. I didnt want to leave the other 2 there with their mom. She would watch them but I still worry about them running off.
  • On Sat. morning I had to find a ride for one of the boys on the older boys soccer team. I would have done it myself if I didnt have other games to be at.
  • We rushed around and got ready, dropped some money off for baseball pictures, picked the little boy up and went to the youngest soccer game. It was fun and they were cute.
  • When it was almost over I went and watched some baseball. They did really well and have another game on Tue. I cant wait.
  • This is where things go bad.
  • I get to the Decatur soccer field and finally find a place to park. My mom is helping me with the kids and she gets a phone call.
  • My oldest son is hurt. There are plenty of people there to help. Mom, Dad, grandparents, aunts, and cousins.
  • I could tell his arm was broke when I got up there. You know when you lay you arm on the table its straight? Well his had a dip in it.
  • There was a paramedic there. She didnt do anything for him.
  • He was playing goalie and when a boy made a shot he jumped up and stopped the ball (hands full above his head). When the ball hit his hand it was kicked so hard that it broke both bones about an inch below his wrist.
  • The mother of the little boy that kicked the ball was very upset about it. She felt really bad. It wasnt her fault. I am glad she cared though.
  • We ended up with a blanket that wasnt ours.
  • We went to Decatur Hospital. They transferred him to Cooks because they didnt have anyone there that could set his arm.
  • At Cooks they put him to sleep to set it. It didnt take long.
  • When he was in recovery I was worried. He would look at us and asked what happen. He didnt remember breaking his arm. Then tell us he loved us and that the was tired. He closed his eyes for less than a min and opened them again only to not know anything he had just said or talked about. They said it was normal.
  • When we got home we had dinner and we all went to bed early. I was exhausted. It was 9:15.

Oh yeah while we were at the hospital my hubby told our son that something good came out of it. He didnt have to play his baritone for a while(this is before any pain medicine). This only upset more because he has a field trip on Thursday. We calmed him down and said he would still be able to go. It turns out he cant, thats when his check up is going to be:(

1 comment:

The Accomplice said...

We were going to go the the park thing, but my middle son had a scrimmage.

Sorry about your sons arm.