Monday, December 8, 2008

Stuff

  • Finally got the Christmas tree up. The pictures were blurry. I have to take some more.
  • Kolby was extremely disappointed when I told him today was not Christmas. He had to wait 2 more weeks.
  • I sent my kids Christmas List out to a few family members (grandparents and aunts). I wish I wouldnt have. I picked a few things off that I wanted to get them. I received phone calls and emails letting me know what the kids were getting for Christmas. I now have to start my list for them over.
  • I can look in ads and online to find an idea for everyones gift before I go shopping. When I do I can buy everything on my list for everyone but my kids in one day in less than 5 hours. That is driving time too.
  • I exclude my kids from that because I tend to buy for them first. There are so many of them that to get everything in one go for them is too much to carry.
  • I also set a budget for Christmas that I do not exceed. If I go over on my kids gifts it comes from what I would have spent on someone else... I dont feel guilty for this.
  • The people I find the hardest to buy for are going to be the easiest this year. My children took their place.
  • My Grandpa is sick. He looked really bad at Thanksgiving. Grandma said that they took 5.5L of fluid from his abdomen. Thats 13lbs. They were going to make him wait almost another week before they did that. She threw a fit and they did it the next day. She is looking for a new doctor.
  • I dont see my Grandparents as often as I should or would like to. I regret that already.

No comments: