Monday, February 23, 2009

Grocery Shopping....

I hate it. I cant wait for the new Brookshire to get here.

I always shopped at Diamonds before it caught fire but there were many things I didn't like about it but didn't shop IGA because I could never find anything (they changed the store around like 3 times when I first moved here).

  • The produce never fresh.
  • The food always seemed to have dust on it, even if you knew they just put it out.
  • The service sucked.
  • People ate at the check out and then licked their fingers clean before they checked you out. Yuck. I always waited in line before I would go to them.
  • The sackers needed to be trained. I am pretty much a whatever type person but man you just don't put cans with chips or bread. You don't put boxes on top of meat(really like my meat by itself), it pokes holes in the wrap. And when I ask where my bread is I don't expect to here I didn't know you had bread and then find it in the bottom of the basket.

It caught fire and I had to go to IGA. I liked it at first.

  • The produce was fresh and looked yummy! My kids liked this because I always seemed to keep fruit in the house.
  • Most of the time all checkouts were open.
  • The sackers seemed to be trained.
  • The store was a lot cleaner.
  • And the people more friendly.
  • All of this sorta changed after a while. The sackers and checkers started to slack a little and were playing around. The store wasn't as clean and they didn't seem to have the produce they had when I first started shopping there, but most of this is understandable. They all of a sudden had the business of Diamonds. It was never bad just slacking compared to a few months before. They also hired some of the kids from Diamonds. I think that was a bad idea.

Diamonds reopens! I waited a few days to go.

  • The store is really clean.
  • The service is great.
  • The produce is fresh and looks great.
  • There is more room and the products look really good.
  • The prices are cheaper than IGA.
  • The checkouts are open and they are packed.
  • There are not any kids working at the store. I know kids need jobs but man this was really nice. It seems adults are better at service than kids.

Now just a few months later...

  • They have a bunch of kids in there that like to f*** off.
  • The produce doesn't look as good.
  • And they hired back the worst sacker I have ever seen!

Sigh. Did I mention that I can't wait for Brookshire!

1 comment:

The Accomplice said...

IGA is a little high, but it's closer to my house. Diamonds is still cheaper.

Both are better than walmart.

Brookshires is expensive. I used to live in Springtown. I hated those membership cards.