Monday, February 16, 2009

How could I forget?

I had a Mom moment this weekend! My oldest son went to his first dance.

  • I was more excited than he was. There have been a few other dances this year but he has wanted to go to any.
  • There was no girl. Just wanted to go.
  • I asked if it would be too embarrassing if I came and took pictures. Don't worry I didn't.
  • Laid down the law...DON'T LEAVE and NO KISSING. I really did say this but didn't really think he would do them anyway.
  • He got ready, I gave him some money, and then dropped him off.
  • Then I tried really hard not to cry on the way home to sit and wait.
  • Picked him up. He was right on time.
  • I asked him all kinds of questions.
  • Did you have fun? yes
  • Did you dance? some
  • With any girls? NO
  • Well when did you dance then? At the end to the Macarena(sp?) and one other one.
  • Did you spend all your money? yeah.
  • What did you get? Pizza, Candy and a drink.
  • Then I got the whole I am tired of talking about this look and sigh. :(
  • The next day I ran into some adults that had chaperoned the dance. They said he was great. No one really danced except to the group songs. They also said all of his friends are about a foot taller than he is.

No comments: