Thursday, August 20, 2009

SPORTS

FootBall-
  • My kids coach from last year asked me if they were going to play. Made sure I knew that they had to be signed up and wanted to be sure I knew to put the head coach on the sign up.
  • They ended up on someone elses team. I was somewhat surprised. He (the new coach) coached my oldest son last year. I like him. I am not sure how I felt though because I really really liked the other guy.
  • I the old coach yesterday and asked him what happen. He said they were one of the first to go in the draft for their grade. It didnt help him that he and his assistant coaches all have kids in their grade so he had to sit out the first 4 or 5 rounds for that grade.
  • The boys missed a few practices when they stayed with my Dad. I was worried but they jumped right back in there and are doing ok.
  • One of their teammates broke his arm on Saturdays practice. :( Poor kid. I wonder if his parents are going to get their money back ? We havent played one game.
  • I am really excited to see how the team does this year.

MS Football-

  • My oldest son is going ot be playing football for the school now. Damn he is getting older.
  • We got his pads last night. Well they gave them to him and he put them in his locker. I didnt even get to check them :( Whats a Mom to do?
  • This is the first year that he hasnt been in a BYA sport. A few of the moms wanted to know if a woman needed to organize it to make it go faster. :) That is so true. When the moms were doing it, it never took that long.
  • He is going to have early practice before school. Damn I have to get up earlier. Sigh.
  • I cant wait to see his games though.

Soccer-

  • I only have one playing soccer this year.
  • I havent heard from his coach yet.
  • I think he is going to be in the next age group this year. I am supper excited about it :)
  • So is he.
  • The youngest one didnt want to play this year. Surprise. Surprise. He never wanted to play in the game last year. Maybe he will grow out of it, or into another sport.

Thats all I got for now. We have one more meet the teacher to night then I will tell you all about them. I am not ready for it. Sigh.

No comments: