Sunday, November 7, 2010

Life and stuff...part 2 : Subbing

I have been subbing as much as I can stand. I subbed half a day on Monday and then again for the same teacher on Friday. Her class has some special students in it. On Monday I had a problem with one student. One that I didnt know had any problems or special needs. She refused to talk to me at all, wouldnt do what I asked her to do, was throwing things at other students, and wouldnt put her stuff up the it was supposed to be. This girl would not even acknowledge that I was talking to her. End the end another aide told her she needed to do it correctly and the girl slammed her locker and stood there with her arms crossed. Another teacher went and got a counselor for me. I never raised my voice, I wasnt frustrated with her, and thought I had handled her fairly well. I guess not because I got a note from the teacher on Friday. "Backing them into a corner like Monday will cause problems." I was pissed, almost enough to ask for a new sub for the day. I didnt back that girl in a corner. She was rude and disrespectful and not doing what she was supposed to be doing. I was going to let her take her stuff home like it was because I know if my kids had brought home a folder like that they would have been in trouble. All that being said, Friday went pretty well but I still wont be subbing for her ever again.

2 comments:

Kathleen... said...

Hey, if you're comfortable with it, you could "Friend" me on FB? I think Chele knows my name (you may too)! lol

Chele said...

Obi...I only know your little boys first name. I don't know yours. ;)