Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hehe...

I just realized my back ground says Happy Thanksgiving....I think its time for me to look for a new one :)

I have had a lot on my mind lately just not the urge to post anything :/
  • We had a great holiday. Christmas seemed to go on forever. That could be because we go so many places. This year it started and ended in the same place (Grandma's house) but it was nice. I got to see my family and spend lots of time with my children and hubby.
  • They are all back to school and work now. I enjoy my peace and quiet for about an hour or so in the mornings before I start missing them.
  • New years was fun. Not much drinking on my part or the hubby either. Thats new for me :) First time in about 5 years he has been awake when the ball drops. Had the kids too. We spent the evening with my SIL and family at the hubby's aunts. Played poker and LRC (or RCL). We came out a dollar ahead. My only complaint was the hubby thought it was more important to send a text than to kiss me :/ Boy did he get.
  • I cant believe 2010 has come and gone already. I am make a resolutions list this year. I have never bothered before because it always seems so unrealistic to make a list of things you want to change just because its a new year. I am going for simple :) The first one is to make my bed everyday (I got out of the habit and now hardly ever do). I started this one the week before the new year though and it seems to be going good. They say if you do something 21 time in a row it becomes a habit..( I hope they are right). When I get through this one I will let you know about the next. They will all be habit forming things that will improve my life in some small way. Going to try for one a month.
  • My car (well minivan) will be paid for by the end of April. (hopefully sooner) My hubby wants to get a new one right away. Me not so much. I would rather not have a car payment for a year or so. I might have him talked into it. It sure would be nice not to have to worry about it and also give us a bigger down payment.
  • He wants a suburban. Eeeek. I can barely drive the minivan I dont want something that big.
  • My youngest bought himself a pillow pet with some of his Christmas money. I had to make myself let him get one because I thought for sure that would be a waste of money. Man does he love that thing. He even gave him a name and wants to take him everywhere.
  • The kids got enough Nerf guns to have a war. I keep finding darts everywhere. There were about 10 in the tree when I took it down. The kids were glad to have them back.

Ok I am rambling now so off I go. I will try to write some of the crap that keeps racing through my head down before I forget it all again. Wishing you all a wonderful, peaceful, and joyous Year!

No comments: