Monday, March 21, 2011

Vacation...

  • was a good time with good people.
  • We went to the coast. 3 families and 2 singles rented a beach house.
  • I know it sounds like alot of people for one house but there was plenty of rooms.
  • We were right on the beach (sorta, there was a grassy lot and a road between the house and the beach, but no one used the road because the only house on it was empty last week and the grassy lot made a great play area for the kids).
  • The beach was really nice for most of the week. The last 2 days not so much. I guess the tide changed? (the waves changed directions) It caused a bunch of brown stuff and jellyfish to wash up on the beach. Yuck.
  • It was really too cold to be swimming but the kids did anyway. They had a blast.
  • The older boys came and went as the pleased for the most part. Only had to let someone know they were leaving.
  • The best part is that because we were with other families with children ours had plenty of people to hang out with and didn't really fight the whole time we were there :)
  • I don't think we have ever eaten so much grilled food though. Chicken, steaks, fajitas, shish kabobs, hamburgers. The veggies were great. Nothing from a can, and nothing frozen. It was awesome and I learned a few new things for dinner :)
  • The kids at so many corn dogs I lost count.
  • We went to the Texas Sea Center and a little museum that I thought would be crappy. It was actually really kinda neat a much bigger than I thought.
  • We tried to go crab fishing without much luck but the kids had fun and managed to throw both nets completely into the water.
  • While there we ran into a rotten little boy that even the girls wanted to slap his little mouth.
  • We also went bowling. Now that was fun. All the little ones on one lane with bumpers, the big kids on one and the adults on one.
  • I thought that would make things easier and the adults game would move a little faster than the kids. Nope the kids smoked us.
  • I did break 100 on both games so I was proud of myself :) (yeah I know its still low but hey I am lucky to break 60)
  • The rest of the time was spent at the beach or for the boys fishing (oh yeah throw in some catch and football too, oh and golf for the men). Well except the evenings which included lots of laughter, too much alcohol, good friends, and cards.
  • We didn't plan a whole lot but I think that's what made it so much fun.

I will get my pictures on the computer and share a few sometime this week when I catch up and laundry and all the kids stuff.

No comments: