Monday, July 30, 2012

Too Much

  • A lot happen this week/weekend.
  • Football has officially started.  Sign ups have been the past few weekends and now the draft is done.
  • Bport went from 3 team to 2 teams.  I think that has to mostly to do with the cost this year. It went up $30.
  • There are many changes this year.  Some parent will love others not so much.
  • Baseball has officially finished for my boys...for the season.
  • I am super happy about that. Not that I don't love watching them but its too damn hot to sit outside all day.
  • Their final tournament was in Decatur. It didn't go so well. However they were in the hardest bracket. I guess that's what you get for signing up for a tournament ran by a rival team.
  • They got their butts smoked by the first 2 teams but won the last one.
  • I hope we don't play tournament ball next year. :) Shhh I didn't say that!
  • Chico Auto parts (as well as several other building/businesses) burned this weekend. Our friends truck was there getting worked on.  It wasn't in the shop and doesn't look to have damage but they wont know for sure if it has smoke damage inside until someone unlocks it.  The keys burned in the building.
  • Another Alvord teen was killed by a train this weekend.  She was in the same class as the boy killed earlier this month. 
  • I heard a very sad and troubling story about the young lady. 
  • Alvord has had a rough go of it the last few years.  If I were a parent of teenage kids I might strongly consider moving.  I know these things can happen anywhere, they just seem to be happening alot there.
  • My heart goes out the the town.

2 comments:

Kathleen... said...

That is sad about the kids' train deaths.

You crack me up.....miss you! We gots to lunch SOON!

GoneCrazy said...

OMG! I so want to do lunch. Do we have to wait until school starts or can we do it before?