Thursday, March 28, 2013

sigh....

  • Yep I am too bummed to even use capital letters in that title.
  • I typed out a long post and cant seem to find it :(
  • It was about a political issue.
  • Guess which one.
  • Here it is in short.
  • Let them get married.
  • Who are they hurting?
  • Why shouldn't they be able to get benefits for their family the same I get them for mine?
  • Yes I even mean SS and other government funding.
  • Do they not pay into the same tax system as I do?
  • Do they get asked about their sexuality before Medicare, SS, and what ever else they deem fit to take out of our paychecks?
  • Everyone has a judgement day and on that day not I, nor the government will be there. It is not my place to judge them on their sexuality.
  • As for those who disagree on religious reason why don't you start changing the thing that people actually choose to do.  Sexuality is something you are born with, not something learned, not something that is chosen and not something people just wake up and decide one morning.
  • However, it is a sin to wear clothing made of more than one material or color, to masturbate, to have premarital sex, or to marry more than once.
  • Those are all things that people choose to do.  They can change the clothes they wear and their actions.  They can make a choice whether or not to divorce (even if they are unhappy, and I am not saying that is what people should do) and to remarry.
  • People are not protesting and the government is not making laws about the choices that people can control.
  • Why is that?
  • Because time changes people. What once was traditional is now a thing of the past and we as people are creating new traditions.  What is traditional to us will one day become a thing of the past as well.
  • Let them be married and live happy lives with one another.

(and yes this was the short version, I was on a rant when I wrote the first one)

No comments: