Monday, February 9, 2009

Oh My Goodness...

This weekend was a weekend for accidents. I feel very sorry for the families in our area that lost their children. I have a few thoughts on both of them but I am not so sure I should post them so I will tone it down a little as my heart truly aches for these families.

CHILD DEATH - A 15-year-old Aurora boy was found dead in a small field in
the Aurora Vista community just after 8 Saturday morning. Rowdy Robles' body was
found lying next to a fence on Aurora Vista Trail with a deep puncture wound.
The Wise County Sheriff's Department along with the Texas Rangers are
investigating the questionable death. Authorities say at least three children,
ages 13-17, had broken into vehicles close to where Robles was found just before
midnight. One of the children, the brother of the deceased, was caught by a
homeowner. Walker said at least two others escaped, and that charges will be
filed on everyone involved. The victim's body was sent to the Tarrant County
Medical Examiner's office for an autopsy. Funeral for Robles is 2 p.m. Wednesday
at Anderson-Clayton Funeral Home in Mesquite with burial in Roselawn Cemetery in
Seagoville. Coker-Hawkins Funeral Home in Decatur is handling
arrangements.

I would like to know what the press release actually said. I read that stated more than what was reported at the time. So I am not sure this is all or if there is more. I am not sure what to think about this. If this were a grown man I wouldn't feel a bit bad for the man if this happen due to an escape from a crime(the family i would but not the man) but it is not this boy is still a child.

FATAL ACCIDENT - One child was killed and three others were injured Sunday
afternoon in a one-vehicle accident on Farm Road 2952 in Bridgeport.
Six-year-old Allison Hamner, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected and
killed when the vehicle rolled on the northbound shoulder. Tiffany Renner, 33,
of Bridgeport was driving southbound on FM 2952 when she drifted onto the
shoulder. DPS troopers said she was on the shoulder of the road for at least 200
yards before getting the minivan back onto the road where she overcorrected and
rolled onto the northbound shoulder. Three other small children - Macie Hamner,
8, Madeline Hamner, 10, and Malory Owen, 9, all of Chico - were taken to Wise
Regional Health System with non life-threatening injuries. Renner was not hurt.
Funeral for Allison Hamner is pending at Hawkins Funeral Home in
Bridgeport.

This is extremely sad. I cant tell if the driver of the van was the mother of the children. I only have one problem with this. Why was she not buckled in? My children are always buckled up, even just to drive 2 blocks to Maw maw's house. They were even more snug today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing on the second incident.

Anonymous said...

oh...i would very much like to know what u think u know about rowdy..or your opinion on him that u couldnt say bcus it was probably rude

Abby said...

Rowdy went to elementary school with my younger brother, and even though he was a trouble maker, he had a really horrible life. His dad died when he was really young.

I'm praying for his family and his brother.

GoneCrazy said...

I didnt say my opinion because I dont know the facts or anything of Rowdy. I have questions about what and why this happen. Its is hard to have an opinion about someone you do not know.
The toning it down was about the second post because I dont know the facts about that story as well, only what was in the Update.

As I said before my heart truely aches for these families.

Anonymous said...

To anon 6:43,

I never once read in this post where gone crazy said anything about thinking anything about Rowdy, I think alot young people that knew Rowdy are a bit on the defensive because they do not know where to place thier hurt and anger. You should know that no matter what is said about Rowdy the fact remains the same, his life was cut extremely short and it is very sad. All anyone can do at this point is to pray for the family and friends of this young man that some how they find peace and comfort.

Anonymous said...

My Gosh GoneCrazy (I almost used your name) Who would have thought you could stir up some much with such little said!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Gone Crazy,
I am thankful that you used a little common sense and decency and refrained from commenting on at least one of these posts. I am Allison Hamner's father. She was the 6 year old killed in the auto accident on February 8th. She was a very special child who never experienced a negative moment in her short little life. She was absolutely one of the happiest kids you could ever know.
I would first like to say that there was a lot of incorrect information in the Wise Co. Messenger concerning the whole incident so I'm thankful that you didn't rely too heavily on that as a source. The driver of the car was her Aunt. She not only had our 3 children with her, but one of her own as well. The DPS officer that commented to the news said that she was distracted. Who isn't with 4 kids in one car? I can also tell you that I know that all of the children were told to put there seat belts on. I can't tell you why Allison didn't. Maybe she was excited about it being her birthday. Maybe she tried to buckle it and it didn't latch good. Who knows? What I do know is that her Aunt is part of our family and we love her dearly. She is a kind and loving person and she is hurting enough already. Pointing fingers and blaming her will not bring our precious little angel back. I've been surfing the web looking for sights like yours to make sure the truth is known. I appreciate you for trying to keep things in their proper perspective.

M. Hamner