Thursday, April 16, 2009

Meanings of words...

As I have gotten older the meanings of words have changed. As I hear my sweet little ones run around and scream them I have to try really really hard not to laugh and tell them to stop saying them.

Kid 1: Who wants a shocker?
Kid 2: Give him the shocker!
Kid 3: I got the shocker now. Ha ha.

Now they are really talking about shocking each other with a fake teaser. (I didnt get it for them and I dont think that is what it really is but hey they have great imaginations)

I cant think of what he said but the other day another one of my children wanted to help me with dinner and as he was asking he was saying he wanted to do what ever it was with me. To me it had a sexual reference but to him none at all. I made him quit asking it.

Am I the only one who now automatically thinks of the perverted version of the word even when it is so innocent?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not the only one, the other day, my husband told our kids they better"hold on to your britches", to which my daughter said "why do I need to hold on to my b*tches" She can't really say her r's just yet.