Monday, March 22, 2010

Its Over....sigh....

  • Spring Break was fun. Busy but fun.
  • Surprisingly everyone was in bed on time and got up easily this morning.
  • We started Spring Break with a trip to see my SIL.
  • Then the kids swear they had soccer practice on Monday.
  • We rushed around Monday after noon trying to get new soccer cleats and get everything done before practice. There was no practice and I was pissed.
  • Tuesday the kids got new shoes. All of them. It was stressful.
  • Just taking all the kids into a store all at once by myself is a beating but then trying to find them each something they like that fits is almost impossible.
  • Kolby was easy. He found a pair of shoes that came with a comic book. They had his size and he was done. I dont know if he even knew what the shoes looked like before we left the store.
  • That caused all kinds of problems with the littlest one because he wanted ones with a comic book too.
  • I tried a pair of shoes on him and he hated them and they hurt his feet until he saw the comic book in the box. I tried every other pair of shoes I could find that he might like and he wouldnt have any of it. We ended up getting the pair with the comic book that hurt his feet but they cant hurt to bad cause he wears them all the time (as in never takes the damn things off) and doesnt complain about them hurting.
  • You would think the other would be easier because they are older and can pick them out and try them on with out my help. I just needed to check them once they were done, right? HUH. They were the worst ones.
  • They couldnt find any they liked and when they did they couldnt find it in their size. The deal was I would pay $50 for them shoes, if they cost more than that they had to pay for the rest. They managed to find shoes for less. I knew they could do it :)
  • I hunted shoes and hunted shoes only to find them and they not fit. He was looking for 2 sizes to big.
  • The other one kept getting shoes that were to small. He stated with a 5 1/2 and ended up getting a 7. In his defense there wasnt much of a difference in the shoes.
  • The other one did ok. He just picked the ugliest shoes in the store. But hey thats my kid for ya.
  • The older kids went to spend Wednesday with their other parents.
  • Thursday they came back or I picked them up on the way to Chuck E Cheese.
  • I ended up trading kids around before I came home. I got one that was scared of the dark. I mean really really scared of the dark. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.
  • Friday we spent the day at the park with my family. It was fun. When we got home the youngest ones wanted to know why the big kids got to go to the park down the road from us but I wouldnt take them.
  • I wanted to yell "because I am worn the fuck out" I didnt I used the because I said so thing.
  • I always hated that when I was a kid.
  • Damn it I got up to pick up the kids and I forgot what I was rambling about.

No comments: