Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Better

  • The first days of school were great.
  • The kids are all excited.
  • The little one was really excited but when I asked him if he was going back he said "NO!" :(
  • He meant it. The next day he woke up saying he wasnt going to school.
  • I have never had one that did that and I have 5 kids. :(
  • I kept telling him he was and he kept telling me he wasnt. He wasnt getting dress, he wasnt getting in the car, he wasnt getting out. A strong "Yes you are." fixed all those.
  • When we got to his hallway he stopped. He was like dead weight. Would not move at all. When we finally were in the class and I needed to leave he cried. Not alot just enough to make me cry like a little baby when I got to the car.
  • Yesterday was harder than the first day of school.
  • Today he was just fine. Didnt mind being left at all and he was sitting outside the classroom with all the other kids when I left.
  • The big boys got to get out at the curb today.
  • I was stopped and said if you can get out in the next 2 seconds you can.
  • They were gone. Didnt even say bye or have a good day.
  • I still cant believe how big my kids are getting.
  • Why do they make us fill out all that paper work at the end of the school year if they are just going to make up fill it out again at the beginning of the school year? Isnt that a waste of time and money?
  • Thats all the school stuff for now :)

1 comment:

Kathleen... said...

Oh, Crazy, the Sad Schooler is heartbreaking, I know! My youngest was like that in Kindergarten too. "I don't think I'll go back tomorrow." Um, yeah ya will....they affectionately threatened to "ban" me from lunch time after his 2nd woohoo experience....I didn't go back. Too sad! He did the same in 1st grade for about 5 minutes. =) Made me walk him into 2nd this morning (Day Two) but begrudgingly allowed me to hug him goodbye & "accidentally" kiss his cheek.

I canNOT imagine 5 lunches, 5 folders/binders and 5 friggin' information packets (bane of parental existence) to fill out. I agree on the WASTE of time w/those too.....pfft.

I did walk around in circles yesterday trying to remember what I do when the house halls echo.....;)