Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rant.

Really pissed off!  Today I got a call from the middle school vice principal.  He wanted to ask me if my High school student had one of the middle school calculators. Really?  Why would he have one? Shouldn't they have asked about it last year not at the end of this year?  Well turns out one of my children said during class that his brother had one of those at home before and he would just like me to look for it. OK he has had one but I am pretty sure he turned it in and any that he had this year would have come from the high school. So we will look.

Then I pick up my children from school and this is the story I get:
 I ask my child (son #1) Why the hell would you say that your older brother (son #2) has a middle school calculator?  I didn't I said he had one like the one my teacher was using.  They called my other child (son#3) to the office  tell him it can be easy or hard and accused him of taking it and told him not to lie, they already know he has it. To tell the truth. Was he saying his brother was a liar? Then they called  the other one # 1 in and asked him. When he said he was talking about his older bother  #2 they told him not to lie that his teacher said he told her son #3 had it.  Then they called the teacher in and she said oh he is right he did say his brother.  Then the principal called me and also the High school to see if my older son had checked out a calculator.

First off who the hell are they to accuse my child of taking something when he is telling them he doesn't have it and never did or to tell him he is lying?
Second why the hell do they need to call in my other child and pretty much call him a liar to?
Third who the hell are they to call my the high school and ask about my older child?  He is non of their damn business. If they need something from him or thought he had a something from over a year ago then they should have asked for it along time ago.  If the damn thing wasn't missing at the start of school he didn't have the damn thing from the year before.

The vice principal got an ear full this afternoon. He will most likely get another one tomorrow afternoon.  I had to go in to get the one of the boys that stayed after to take a test and as I was walking out I saw both the principal and the vice principal.  I went in and told him that I would like to talk to him tomorrow sometime after 1 (because I am subbing in the morning).  He asked about what and I told him #3 and the calculator but I didn't want to do it right then because I was too mad and I couldn't do it respectfully. He then told me that I needed to ask the boys about it and what happen.  When I told him I had and that wanted to talk about it tomorrow he said he would call me after 130 because he had lunch duty.  Well then when I turned and walked away he followed me telling how I really need to talk to the boys about what happen because he told the teacher one of them had the calculator and she thought  it was on in the middle school. He continued to follow me through a second door and I turned and let into him. How dare he call my child a liar and accuse him of stealing . That was the second time they have miss treated my child and I was not going to have.  Then he had the balls to bring in that he was the one that corrected the problem before but he wasn't I was. I found out in five minuets last time that what they were saying was wrong and all it took was to ask his teacher if he was in class. I am not unreasonable, I do not think my children or perfect and I am harder on my children than anyone ever could be but they are not going to miss treat my kids.  Through all of this he was insistent that I speak with my children and that I would understand. I did speak with them again when I got home. I listened to both of them tell me the story about what happen and fill in the blanks that the other one didn't know. Guess what?  I am more pissed than I was in the first place.

I still want a meeting with both the principal and the vice principal I have told them before but I will be telling the again  neither of them or anyone else in that school is to speak to any of my children before they call me and talk to me.  I hope that next time I tell him that I want to wait until I have calmed down he will listen.

3 comments:

Kathleen... said...

Oh, wow....Friend, I'd love to hug you. :(

Jarhead™ said...

"We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!
All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!
All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

"Wrong, Do it again!"
"If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you
have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"
"You! Yes, you behind the bikesheds, stand still laddy!"
~ Pink Floyd

aroundthecorner said...

Oh, that was a good rant!