Friday, July 13, 2012

It has been a while...

  • so hear is a short update.
  • The 4th didn't feel like the 4th to me. It was short and sweet and we were in bed by 10:30. The hubby had to work the next day.
  • We have friends that are a couple.  He was our friend first but she has become one of my good friends.  I love her.  I have decided I don't want to be around him when she is unhappy with him or vise versa. 
  • He gets a "I don't give a f@#%!" attitude and I cant tell if it is fake (trying to be cool for his friends) or really how he feels.  It makes me so mad because I don't know how one can say they love someone and then truly not care how they think or feel.  It makes me think very poorly of someone I consider a good friend and who I truly believe is a good person.
  • We have been seeing some other friends of ours more lately too. We used to hang out alot but the wife of that couple kind of put a stop to it. Made the get togethers more for family instead of friends.  Its good to see them again.
  • We went to NRH2O this week. It was fun the kids had a blast and it wasn't really hot until afternoon.  There were 19 of us, only 6 of us were adults. 
  • That park is good for families.  Not too many teenagers running around that need to cover more and small enough you can send bigger kids off on their own yet big enough they still have fun.
  • They were testing their lifeguards that day. I didn't know they did that. The first time I saw it was in the lazy river.  An adult starts flapping her arms and bouncing up and down in the water. She really looked like she she was in trouble. I was looking back at her thinking lady just put your feet down. Geez.
  • My kids got sun burned. One really bad :(  I even sun screened them 2 or 3 times.   It was crazy. 
  • We are also going to Great Wolf soon.  :) Just me the hubby and the kids. It will be good to spend some just family time. I am excited.  Typing this makes me think my kids are going to play on the snake and beaver again....does that make me  a bad parent?
  • The base ball tournament that I set up a site for and flier for may not happen after all. That was the first time they advertised it at all and I don't think they realized how much work went into getting people to sign up and pay.  They should have started along time ago. I am at the point that I just want to call it quits and let what we have signed up know its not going to happen.  
  • I am excited about that idea sort of. 
  • I am ready for school to start. Not because I don't want my kids at home but because they need some time apart.  They are beyond the point of annoying each other.

1 comment:

Kathleen... said...

Mine are fighting like cats & dogs too!