Sunday, January 20, 2013

My poor babies...

  • My 8 year old woke me up early Wednesday morning not felling well. He had a fever.  It was controllable so even though the flu is going around I didn't take him to the doctor. That was the only thing wrong with him.  He was a happy camper as long as he had Tylenol  through out the day. 
  •  Around 5 he started to cough and sound terrible.
  • To the doctor he went first thing the next morning.
  • He ended up having some bacteria infection (his limp nods were swollen), type b flu (which is the old flu, not the N1H1 stuff), and that nasty cough was Croup .
  • Poor thing :(
  • We moved kids around because we didn't want the whole house to get it. So he got a room all to himself for a while, which was really cool until he realized he had to stay in it and no one could come play with him.
  • That night before I went to bed I went into check on him. He sounded horrible.  He was wheezing and it sounded like he was gargling.  It scared me.
  • He sat in the steamy bathroom with me for about 15 mins before I would let him go back to sleep.
  • It wasn't peaceful though because every 15-20 mins I was in there checking on him. Finally he just moved to the living room with me and I let him sleep while I watched...all night.
  • The croup is far worst than the flu.
  • Before morning I had another one with fever.  The doc just called me in some Tamaflu(?)
  • That stuff is expensive!  And it doesn't get rid of the flu but man is it worth it.  One day of fever and he was still a little queasy but that's it.
  • We still have a coughing 8 year old, (Doc said 7-14 days and he is contagious until he stops coughing),  one that has been coughing but with no fever only sore throat, one that is just starting to get the flu (fever, complete ickyness), one recovering quickly, and one that is happy go lucky.
  • I have no idea how I am not sick.  (Beside the headache from all the noise of sick kids needing something and the hubby home with the TV so loud you cant hear the person next to you)
  • I am ready for this to be over and for the kids to get back outside to play.

No comments: