Friday, February 8, 2013

Blessed...

I am blessed with 5 boys.  I am their taxi, maid, cook, and their tutor.  I am the mean one. I had out and enforce most discipline in the house. (even though mine is never as harsh at their fathers) I do everything for everyone.  I hate telling my kids they cant go somewhere or do something (within reason).  Well today I am just not up to par.  So today I saw disappointed faces when I said no you cant go to the dance because I wont be up to get you.  I saw sad pouty lips when the answer was no I am not going to the park.  Its cold and I don't feel good :(  Even though you can see the disappointment in their face, not once did any of the complain about the answer.

After diner I said good night and went to hide away in my room to have a shower and get some rest. That's when I heard my hubby, the sweet man that he is, ask one of the boys what he is doing. I can hear him right outside the door.  The answer: "I just want to ask momma for something."  Nope.  No one is to knock on the door all night.  If they need something they can ask him. :)  This is the same man who dug the heated blanket back out of the closet because I couldn't stop shivering last night and sent text though out the day to check on me because he couldn't talk. Oh and he is the one that suggested the shower too, because I look like hell and it would probably make me feel better too.  Got to love him!

Sometimes what I need has to come before what they all want.  I am glad I have a husband and sons that understand this so well.

1 comment:

Kathleen... said...

Hope you're feeling better!